” If you were to look for reference points to compare this music with, you might end up with Boz Scaggs, later James Taylor, Martin Stephenson, and maybe Tim O’Brien but none of these are close matches. If you buy this CD (Raconteur) buy it for itself. It has a touch of class.”
- Johnny Windle, Stirrings Magazine (UK), Dec 2018
“The band’s vocal harmonies are tight, spot on and a delight. Soulful music that confounds to the end.” ****
- Marc Higgins, Northern Sky Magazine (UK), Dec 2018 Full review here.
“Music that nods towards the likes of Pokey Lafarge or, in lighter moments, a country-tinged Pentangle. An album of genuinely good songs delivered by a fine sounding bunch of musicians.” 8/10.
- Rick Bayles, Americana UK, Dec 2018. Full review here.
“The sincerity and heart that emanates from his song writing is endearing, to say the least. I believe people who are truly great at their craft make what they do seem easy”
- Janise Kumar – muzic.net.nz, March 2018 Full review here.
- Graham Reid – elsewhere.co.nz, March 2018 Full review here.
“A set with the band is like a trip through the top shelf of the best liquor cabinet – all malt whisky, moonshine and sunlight…a tight-knit ensemble of power and delicacy and a rare treat.”
- Shannon Beynan – stuff.co.nz, Sept 2016